Skip to main content

REVIEW: Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask Dickinson (Oil Free) Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner


Here’s another review for this May. The products that I’m going to share about are the QUEEN HELENE MINT JULEP MASK, and the      DICKINSON (OIL FREE) ORIGINAL WITCH HAZEL PORE PERFECTING TONER.  I bought these at Healthy Options SM CLARK last two months ago. I was in a hunt of a good facial mask that will help dry my pimples faster due to PMS/hormones; I was also looking for a good toner that is mild enough and suits my sensitive skin because I easily breakout during summer because of having an oily skin, my pores easily get clogged and my skin gets easily irritated. I have read a lot about these two products and they worked well with them. So, I really want to try and test these to see if it works for me. :)


The first thing that I got is the:
QUEEN HELENE MINT JULEP MASK


-this facial mask has a pasty consistency, a minty scent and a cooling effect once applied into your face.



 It does help dry up acne pimples, rinse away blackheads and shrink large pores as it claims in the packaging. This product addresses some if not all of my skin concerns (dries up bumpy acne, unclogged pores, minimizes the size of the pores). This products really works well for me, it does what it claims. I also noticed reduced redness on my face particularly on my cheek area, but it doesn’t rinse away my blackheads but it does soften my skin prior to removing my blackheads. Thus, making it easy for me to remove them using a pore strip. In addition to this, I used toner and moisturizer right after to replaced moisture lost as this may cause the skin to dry. I use this 2-3 times a week at night after I exfoliated my skin with a facial scrub.


Next that I would be talking about is the, 


DICKINSON (OIL FREE) ORIGINAL WITCH HAZEL PORE PERFECTING TONER. – I saw this one time on YOUTUBE and heard a lot of good compliments about it. I thought of “why shouldn’t I give myself a try?” plus it is 100% all natural formula, so I decided to pick this one at the section. I chose this one on the other hand rather than the ORIGINAL WITCH HAZEL alone, because it claims that it is a “PORE PERFECTING TONER”perfect for my clogged and congested pores!

(pore perfecting benefits written at the back)



I had been testing and using this product tremendously for almost 2 months now and had high hopes for its claims. But I decided to quit for one reason! It made my skin feels greasy the night after I used it. Yikes! I've never felt greasier before after trying this product. At first I thought, that maybe that's just the way the product works, but nah! Everytime I use it, it made my skin even oilier. Tho it lessen the redness on my face and some sort of irritation and calms my pimples. But I can't stand the way how my skin feels. My skin feels heavy because of too much oil produced on my face. Two months were already enough of time for me to tell my verdict about this product.
It's time for me to look for a better toner that addresses my skin concerns. 

Hope you had a great time reading about my review! 
-Thank You! 💖 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luxe Organix Soothing Gel Aloe Vera and Snail

Many new brands are coming up at the drugstore with great and affordable products. While looking at the skincare section I stumble across the brand Luxe Organix made in Korea (and my inner Kbeauty addict is shouting in excitement) it's so interesting that I had to look all of the product and one of which that caught my attention is the Soothing Gel Aloe Vera and Snail. I immediately look at its ingredients and wow! I saw snail filtrate and my fave ingredient Centella Asiatica. I ended up buying it and share my thoughts with you. Lovely texture isn't it? 💦 Consistency: gel type Texture: watery gel, not stringy at all unlike other snail products, not sticky and easily absorbed by the skin.  Scent: it is mildly fragrant but disappears after a min.  My personal experience:  Honestly, I am skeptical to try aloe gel because I had a bad relationship with it in the past. I tried an aloe vera gel (Korean brand) and the first thing that I

Propolis: Cosrx Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask and iUNIK Propolis Vitamin Synergy Serum

Propolis is a new addition to my skincare routine, and I find that my skin loves it so much the more I use it. The combo products that my skin's been loving lately are the:  COSRX Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask and the iUNIK Propolis Vitamin Synergy Serum. I incorporate these with my nighttime skincare routine and waking up with a well-rested, calmed, nourished and glowy skin. COSRX Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask  gel-like consistency 💛 Don't be mislead by its name, this doesn't have honey it in instead it has 87% propolis extract and natural beeswax designed to soothe, calm and moisturize the skin overnight. I love its clear gel-like consistency that is easily absorbed by my skin feeling it nourished and moisturized without the heavy or greasy residue. Though this has PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil that I should be aware of its possibility to irritate my skin, gladly this doesn't give me any breakouts or skin irritation, un

Review: Purito Centella Green Level Buffet Serum

In search of a great serum to address my multiple skin concerns. I came across the brand Purito which is widely used by so many skincare enthusiasts. I read good reviews and results of the product that's why I didn't have any second thoughts on trying it.   Purito is a brand that claims to be SAFE, NATURAL, SAVE ANIMALS and ENVIRONMENT which caters "safe and honest" products.  Ok. Let me share with you why I picked this serum out of numerous ones out there. First, I was caught on the brand philosophy being "safe and honest" about their products. As a consumer and skincare enthusiast, there are certain things that I consider in buying and testing out products and that is "what, where and how" is the product being made. Besides, I should be aware of what I put on my skin.  Personal Experience :    I love serums that are light, breathable, hydrating and soothing and this serum caters all of that. This serum has plenty of gre