Skip to main content

Review: Purito Centella Green Level Buffet Serum


In search of a great serum to address my multiple skin concerns. I came across the brand Purito which is widely used by so many skincare enthusiasts. I read good reviews and results of the product that's why I didn't have any second thoughts on trying it.

 
Purito is a brand that claims to be SAFE, NATURAL, SAVE ANIMALS and ENVIRONMENT which caters "safe and honest" products. 



Ok. Let me share with you why I picked this serum out of numerous ones out there. First, I was caught on the brand philosophy being "safe and honest" about their products. As a consumer and skincare enthusiast, there are certain things that I consider in buying and testing out products and that is "what, where and how" is the product being made. Besides, I should be aware of what I put on my skin. 

Personal Experience
 
I love serums that are light, breathable, hydrating and soothing and this serum caters all of that. This serum has plenty of great ingredients that address skin concerns thus being called the "buffet serum". 

It has Niacinamide which is known for its brightening effect and the key ingredient which is the Centella Asiatica my favorite ingredients of all which is known to be soothing and calming for those who have irritated and troubled skin. It also has peptides that help improve wrinkles, helping to replenish the skin evenly.






It has a clear almost watery consistency, that is lightweight and feels comfortable on the skin.




It also has the perfect amount of viscosity and texture making your skin hydrated and nourish.






It has a light tacky feels to it and not sticky, but goes away once fully absorbed by the skin making it feels breathable and comfortable.


This is even great under makeup, it doesn't pile or ball up at all. I love the luminosity effect it gives into my skin right after application. I did not experience any irritation, redness and tiny red bumps on my first application. It also didn't break me out. I'm almost out of it about 1/4 serum left on the bottle. Just enough to calm and lighten my PIH.

Let me further share with you my journey on using the Purito Centella Green Level Buffet Serum:

This is my face condition on the first day of application. Yikes! 😖 (PIH, acne marks, dark spots)

 3days 
Reduced redness

7 days
Acne marks starting to fade, redness reduced


2wks
Skin is getting brighter, acne marks is slowly fading, redness of the skin is almost unticeable

Within 3wks period
So happy that the acne marks are reduced in redness and they are slowly fading away. My skin is hydrated and reduced flush skin. 


Overall, my skin condition has gotten better compared to my first day of application. My skin has become hydrated, brightened and calmed. Although my acne marks are still there, they are slowly fading away and there is a noticeable difference in redness.  
 
Here's a link on the active ingredients and what to look for: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_187d328443.html

Take note. This serum does not give you a drastic, magically effect if you have acne, PIH. What it does is, it gently works deeper and on top of your skin making your skin looking nourished, hydrated, brightened and calm.

Disclaimer:
I can't attest to its anti-wrinkle property as I don't have nor experience any of it on my skin.

Verdict: 
 
If you have a problematic and sensitive skin, you might want to consider trying out this serum. 
 
This is a great product if you are looking for a serum that has peptides (anti-aging, wrinkle) brightening effect (niacinamide), calming properties (centella asiatica extract, madecasic acid, asiaticoside + asiatic acid) that is hydrating, non-sticky, lightweight, vegan and cruelty free then this serum is for you.
 









Comments

  1. hi, may I ask if normal lang ba na mag-break out after using it for almost 2 weeks?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Luxe Organix Soothing Gel Aloe Vera and Snail

Many new brands are coming up at the drugstore with great and affordable products. While looking at the skincare section I stumble across the brand Luxe Organix made in Korea (and my inner Kbeauty addict is shouting in excitement) it's so interesting that I had to look all of the product and one of which that caught my attention is the Soothing Gel Aloe Vera and Snail. I immediately look at its ingredients and wow! I saw snail filtrate and my fave ingredient Centella Asiatica. I ended up buying it and share my thoughts with you. Lovely texture isn't it? 💦 Consistency: gel type Texture: watery gel, not stringy at all unlike other snail products, not sticky and easily absorbed by the skin.  Scent: it is mildly fragrant but disappears after a min.  My personal experience:  Honestly, I am skeptical to try aloe gel because I had a bad relationship with it in the past. I tried an aloe vera gel (Korean brand) and the first thing that I

Propolis: Cosrx Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask and iUNIK Propolis Vitamin Synergy Serum

Propolis is a new addition to my skincare routine, and I find that my skin loves it so much the more I use it. The combo products that my skin's been loving lately are the:  COSRX Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask and the iUNIK Propolis Vitamin Synergy Serum. I incorporate these with my nighttime skincare routine and waking up with a well-rested, calmed, nourished and glowy skin. COSRX Ultimate Moisturizing Honey Overnight Mask  gel-like consistency 💛 Don't be mislead by its name, this doesn't have honey it in instead it has 87% propolis extract and natural beeswax designed to soothe, calm and moisturize the skin overnight. I love its clear gel-like consistency that is easily absorbed by my skin feeling it nourished and moisturized without the heavy or greasy residue. Though this has PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil that I should be aware of its possibility to irritate my skin, gladly this doesn't give me any breakouts or skin irritation, un